Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Holiness and the Snooze Bar

During this season of Lent, I endeavored in a commitment to examine the wasted moments in my day, and commit them to Kingdom purposes.  I often remark that I  need a few extra hours in my day to get things done.  Since the earth does not seem to be slowing at my request...maybe disciplining myself to find those extra moments would help.  What could be done with those three extra snooze cycles?  The ten minutes in line at the Deli Mart for lunch become productive?   I don't really need the sit-com reruns in the middle of the night when I can't sleep.  Lord, would you have any thing to say then?

Cliche, but still true.   Life is a precious, irreplaceable gift.   I don't wish to squander it by way of inactivity, bloated self importance, or over busyness.   Help us find the balance of the abundant life that you promise.
God, in the course of this busy life, give us times of refreshment and peace; and grant that we may so use our leisure to rebuild our bodies and renew our minds, that our spirits may be opened to the goodness of your creation; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
----Book of Common Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment